Celebrate America’s Independence at Red, White & Boom!
- When: July 4, 2018
- What to Bring: Event essentials include sun screen, water, dance shoes, patriotic baseball cap, Minifigures for trading, bug spray
The annual 4th of July event is returning to LEGOLAND and is redder, whiter and boomier than ever before! Celebrate America’s independence with patriotic activities such as LEGO builds, Americana apparel, festive stilt walkers, a dance party and the biggest fireworks show of the year!
Explosion of Bricks: Watch the sky fill with stunning fireworks spectacular to end your day at the Park. Personally, I enjoy finding my seat early to catch the sunset over beautiful Lake Eloise before the show begins! Make sure to grab a pair of specialty viewing glasses on your way to your seat for an additional brick-tastic experience, as these glasses turn fire into what appears to be LEGO bricks!
Let’s Dance: Dust off those dancing shoes and join us for a DJ Dance Party! Whip, slide, twist, or raise the roof to show off your best dance moves. If dancing isn’t your thing, come listen to your favorite songs! I’m sure the KIDZ BOP version of “Firework” will make a debut and I will be thoroughly impressed if you can listen without singing along! 🙂
Assemble the Bricks: Help create a giant American flag out of thousands of LEGO bricks before the sun goes down or enter the competition build for a chance to win a LEGO prize pack by building a festive creation of anything you can imagine!
- Salute to our Troops: Independence Day is another great opportunity to salute our troops. Special recognition to our troops will kick off our Brick Builders live show and the Battle for Brickbeard’s Bounty ski show.
- Shopping: For the holiday week, there will be additional shopping opportunities such as Americana gear at The Big Shop and our infamous fireworks glow carts with your light up accessories that every kid enjoys.
- Stilt Walkers: Keep your eyes peeled for additional atmospheric entertainment such as patriotic themed stilt walkers
- Dining: Visit the blog in a few weeks to learn about a specialty event food offering!
- Park Hours: Party past your bedtime… well, for the kids anyways! LEGOLAND is open from 10:00am until 9:00pm, which is the latest night of the year.
The sunshine state does get its fair share of summer rainstorms, so please keep in mind that event activities are subject to cancelation due to inclement weather. Visit the blog again for more information about Red, White & Boom! The next posts will feature some specialty food offerings for the event and another post that will unveil the ins and outs of planning a brick-tastic fireworks show!